The Meyer Ranch Guide to the Best Brunch in New Braunfels
There’s just something special about brunch. Maybe it’s the more relaxed pace, or the opportunity to catch up with friends and family. Or maybe it’s the “anything goes” variety of delicious food and beverage choices. Whatever the reason, one of the first questions we hear from Meyer Ranch homeowners is “Where’s the best brunch in New Braunfels?”
We’ve compiled a list of our ten favorite brunch spots, in no particular order. You’ll quickly see you don’t have to travel far at all to find Sunday brunch in New Braunfels – there are many excellent choices within minutes of Meyer Ranch.
Best Brunch in New Braunfels Tx
1. The Buttermilk Café. This hometown favorite consistently lands at the top of many lists for excellent brunch places in New Braunfels – including ours! Of
course that means there’s usually a wait, especially on weekends, but it’s well
worth it. Buttermilk Café is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. every day of the week,
and breakfast is served all day long. Popular menu items include the Coastal
Breakfast, with yummy shrimp and lobster sauce, and chicken and waffles.
2. The Gruene Door. Specializing in simple, clean and diverse flavors, the Gruene Door prides itself on using local ingredients in its cuisine – even some grown in
their own garden! You just can’t get much fresher than that. Patrons recommend the shrimp and grits, and love the fact that the brunch menu features items unavailable during the rest of the week.
3. The Old River City Café serves classic Southern cuisine – and a mix of classic comfort food and healthy options. This establishment is widely regarded as one of the best places to eat in New Braunfels. In addition to the quality of the food, Old River City Café gets high marks for excellent service and its inviting back patio. Local live music accompanies your Sunday brunch, and we highly recommend you try the chicken fried steak!
4. The River House is another restaurant that sources its ingredients locally. If
you’re looking for good food in New Braunfels, you can’t go wrong with a visit to The River House! Set in a charming, renovated house and decorated with historic black and white photos of New Braunfels, you’ll love the ambience here just as much as the food. Try the quiche of the day for a special treat. Or, if you’re feeling more “lunchy” than “brunchy” order one of the legendary hamburgers and prepare to be wowed.
5. The food at Fork and Spoon tastes just as good as it looks – and it looks
scrumptious! Choose from a variety of omelettes, a chicken fried steak breakfast to die for, mouth-watering French toast and pkjlmore. Fork and Spoon also gets high marks for its friendly staff and outstanding service.
6. Krause’s Café and Biergarten is the perfect choice if you’re looking to add
authentic German flavor to your Sunday brunch. Try the pork schnitzel and eggs, or perhaps the Bauern schnitzel. There’s a wide variety of traditional brunch fare, as well, including brioche French toast, several types of pancakes, and avocado toast. And if you decide to indulge in a beer after brunch, this is the place to do it. The biergarten menu features a truly mind-blowing variety of German and domestic draughts. Wine aficionados will also find plenty of choices to sample.
7. A relative newcomer to New Braunfels, Texas Bistro is quickly making its
reputation for innovative, fresh cuisine. The location is a bit off the beaten path, on south Seguin Avenue, but well worth finding. Just a few of the items on the brunch menu are crab benedict, the tostada tower, crème brulee French toast and shrimp and grits.
8. If you’re looking for a fun experience, as well as excellent food, try The Downtowner. Wait staff are dressed like mechanics, a nod to the restaurant’s
unique décor. Visitors rave about the fresh homemade biscuits, duck eggs,
homemade sausage and avocado toast. Vegetables served at the restaurant are locally sourced.
9. The Gristmill, located in nearby Gruene, is widely known for both its unique take on Southern comfort food and its beautiful location on the Guadalupe River. This multi-level restaurant offers 10 distinct dining areas, indoor dining with river views, and so much history.
10. Another option for Guadalupe River views is the Gruene River Grill, with yummy options like shrimp won tons, Gruene chicken enchiladas and home-made desserts.
Visit Meyer Ranch today!
If you’re not a homeowner at Meyer Ranch yet, stop at one of our recommendations for the best brunch in New Braunfels, then make an after-brunch trip to visit our beautiful community and get familiar with our seven exceptional builders. With so many options, you’re sure to find the perfect match for your family and your
To tour Meyer Ranch, and visit our builders’ model homes, call us at 830-213-7393 or visit us at 9666 W. Hwy 46, New Braunfels, TX, 78132.